Fort Buenaventura State Park
2450 “A” Avenue
For race #4, the Utah Cyclocross Series returns to Fort Buenaventura, near downtown Ogden.
Rumor has it that we’ll be able to use the bridge and areas north of the parking lot (as those who have been racing the series for awhile may remember) … this will definitely help lengthen the laps there, and I’m sure that Matt will be doing everything he can to make it as technically challenging as he possibly can.
Additional word from the insurance company means that we can make this announcement:
There are no clothing restrictions whatsoever. None. Zip. Zero. Nada.
So in an effort to keep up with Portland, we don’t care what people race in. We encourage you to wear whatever you want to make your cyclocross racing experience more enjoyable.
Guys, if this means skirt and a tube top, then we’re all for it. Cross dressing for cyclocross!
Now, we’re not saying naked is OK, but since this is Utah, I don’t think we will have to worry about that … much. (Matt made me put in the disclaimer … grumble, grumble, whine, moan … but I guess we do need to protect innocent eyes).
Helmets are still required. Helmets are still required. Helmets are still required.
“B” on the map below is the entrance to the park. “A” is generally where the race will be.
View Larger Map
1:30 PM (60 Minutes)
- Men A (Pro, Semi-pro, Expert, Cat 1, Cat 2,)
- Masters Men A 35+ (Fast Old Guys [as opposed to Fat Old Guys, like Flahute]. You know who you are, and so do we. You have been racing your bike for years!)
12:30 PM (45 Minutes)
- Women A
- Masters Men B 35+
- Single Speed (do we need to explain?)
11:45 AM (20 minutes) – ONLY $8.00!!!
- Women C (First Season Cross Racers)
- Junior Men 10-14 *
- Junior Women 10-14 *
- Junior 9 & under
* We found that Junior riders aged 15-18 would rather try and beat up on Mom and Dad!!!
10:45 AM (45 Minutes)
- Men B
- Master Men 45+ Open
9:30 AM (40 Minutes)
- Men C (First Timers, Entry Level Racers, Cat 5, Beginner)
- Master 55+ Open
- Women B (Beginner, Cat 4, Cat 5)