Commuted by bike today.
I know … shocking!!!
Learned (or remembered) a few things along the way as well.
- If you think it will take 45 minutes, allow an extra 45 minutes for mishaps.
- It’s still really cold at 7:30 am.
- Headwinds and false flats suck.
- 7th West south of 90th South doesn’t go through, and neither do any of the golf cart paths or condo community streets.
- Getting “lost” when you can SEE your building sucks, and is really embarrassing as well.
- While water may not be necessary on the morning commute, it’s definitely necessary on the evening commute.
I may think of some more.
Rode the Ron Cooper today for the first time in a couple years; no computer or GPS, so I’m not sure how far I actually rode, but according to the route which I mapped on Google, it should have been about 12.3 miles each way, but I think I put in at least an extra mile or two this morning, so we’ll say roughly 26 miles.